Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Love, Family, and ThanksGIVING?

I'm really sad that we didn't take any pictures! San Diego was beautiful this Thanksgiving Day. The beauty is supplemented when you add the ones you love...and lots of good food! We enjoyed another Thanksgiving feast at the Rancho Santa Fe Clubhouse thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Moore. Lots of chatting, storytelling, and eating. I love listening to Grandpa Moore talk about his life. Unfortunately, this visit I kept asking about his life adventures that were his disappointments like Mr. Britches and serving in the Air Force. Oops! At least he could find the humor in my failed attempt to hear about the glory days. At dinner, Grandma & Grandpa Moore heard Adam & Mike's golf cart story for the first time...as if it's not hilarious enough, their reactions made the story THAT much better. They also brought out some other details I hadn't heard before. If you haven't heard the story, it's worth asking them about...if Adam can keep himself from laughing so hard he can't get the words out!

Something I realized this year is that I do an awful lot of "thanks" because I am very thankful and I know I am blessed abundantly. However, I don't seem to ever do much "giving." I don't know why it's so hard for me. I like to give time and lend an ear or a shoulder or a hug, but I'm really not a good giver when it comes to giving gifts or assistance that supports people other than in an emotional way. I kind of think gifts are a waste of money unless you know someones needs something...like giving someone bed sheets from their registry for their wedding. But random gifts I find difficult to do even though I love getting them myself...like Monday night when I got home, there was a beautiful Pointsetta from the Primary Presidency! So thoughtful, but why wouldn't I do that myself? So with Christmas approaching, I get anxious because I'm such a horrible gift-giver. I can't afford nice gifts for everyone, but I'm not sure I'd know what to get them if I could. I'm given so much and yet my note-taking skills suffer and I don't know how to reciprocate. 

Day 17...that stuff all came off
For an update on my hand...it's looking good. The doc says I don't have to go in for check ups anymore. I just have to keep putting cream on it and covering it until it looks as good at my left wrist. 
 
Adam and I went to the Clipper game when they played the number one team at the time, New Orleans. Blake Griffin and his team stepped it up for the big game and with a couple of showy dunks, they were victorious! What a beautiful game! Not to mention we saw some people we knew at the game...like my girl Emily from college and one of my favorite editors Armen! Armen also set us up to be on the mega tron...he snapped this picture, but missed the gold mine when we kissed passionately and the noise meter almost broke!
Yeeeaaaahhh!! Photo Courtesy of Armen K!

My mom and Adam have been sick as of late. Boo. Adam's sinus infection has been keeping me up at night. He's going to try a Neti Pot to see if it works. Thank you!! I love him. My mom, despite her sick bug, decorated the Christmas tree and living room with love and presents! The highlight - an awesome train that goes around the tree. The cats love it! And so do I! Thank you! I love her.  

2 comments:

  1. So glad your hand is healing. That picture of you guys on the mega tron looks like Adam but you look like some little tiny girl/woman. The proportions are weird I guess lol. LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete