We did quite a bit of driving this weekend, but all in the name of family, friends, and fun! Saturday morning Adam and I finally got to sleep in...something I've REALLY been needing and missing! By the time we got going, we took care of some errands (including buying a gift card at Coco's where we saw Steve Martin and his little band for some odd reason) and were able to meet Adam's brother Mike and cousin Kyle and my good friend Kim Bloom at Golden Spoon for some good ole socializing and fro yo. I had really been wanting to bake some banana bread too but by the time we got home, we had to pack for the rest of the weekend!
Late afternoon, we made it to Grandma & Grandpa Moore's place and they took us to a nice dinner. As Adam ordered the giant steak, I went for the fish tacos since we never eat fish at home. The waiter eventually layed a huge plate in front of me with three tacos, each with basically a whole fish inside it, a tower of coleslaw, and fries. After all of this healthy cooking I've been doing, there was no way I was going to eat all of that. Or even half of it! Next, on to Uncle David's girlfriend's Dancing With the Stars-type show. It was fun watching local San Diego celebrities dance with professional dancers. Shana did really well and after the audience voted, she and her partner (a Padres announcer / pre-game show reporter) made it to the finals! Unfortunately the chairs were really tight and Grandpa's long legs and back were really hurting him, so we left just before finals started. Uncle David was sure to call and let us know that Shana got second place! Her first dance was really dramatic, which I loved. The winner was a 69-year old woman that moved like she was 40 or younger! A crowd-favorite, of course!
In the morning, we met Grandma at her brunch club and were able to converse with her lively and wonderfully intelligent friends. They were all so sweet and enjoyable. The time was short however as we had to move on to make it to church in Lake Elsinore before Scarlett's first birthday party! The birthday celebration was pretty surreal. There were five of us from my high school. All but one of us are married, and three of them have at least one kid! It's amazing how quickly we grow up with just one major responsibility. But the celebration was fun and I got to feed Scarlett which I of course loved! Especially after Adam's football team clenched victory from the fingers of mine. Boo.
Some more traveling and we finally made it home! Ahh...time to relax...no, wait! I still haven't made that banana bread! And why don't I prep the next healthy dinner since it's a crockpot recipe and it can cook overnight? Great idea! Wait...maybe I took on too much too late. When the banana bread went in the oven, I prepped the Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole crock pot meal and did all the dishes within an hour!
Ashleigh: "Adam, will you take the banana bread out of the oven?"
Adam: "Did you make brownies?"
Ashleigh: "No, it's banana bread. Oh no..."
That's right, the banana bread was brown through and through. Not crispy, but definitely burnt. I was so bummed! I had been looking forward to banana bread! All I can say is that the Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole better be good tonight!
![]() |
| Healthified Pizza |




Times for banana bread will return. To everything there is a season. You've experienced the burnt banana bread season. Congratulations to Adam for losing weight!
ReplyDelete